Friday, April 23, 2010

Sorry Folkies

Sorry for the fact I have not been posting the blog for some time. Other matters have been taking up my time and I had to make a decision as to what went on the back burner.

If I missed a posting you sent to me I apologise.

Saturday and Sunday is the Viking Festival in Ashville.

This is a not to be missed spectacular. There is lots to do and see, constant entertainment and sights. Proceeds go to the Ashville food bank. If you go take a few cans.

Teresa Schleifer passed on the info below

Charlie, Teresa, and Friends are playing at Areopagitica Books again on Saturday, May 1, 2010, at 7:00-9:00 pm. Here's the lineup: Charlie Flowers and Teresa Schleifer both on guitar and vocals, joined by awesome musicians Patrick Casey (djembe, accordion), Maury Falkoff (mandolin, dobro), Renilda Marshall (bass guitar), Rebecca Stansbury (fiddle), and Brian Szuch (electric guitar). Sure hope you can make it!

This from Avalon Nine

Looking for something fun to do Saturday night?
Check out the lineup at the Grandview Hop: http://www.thegrandviewhop.com/thismonth.htm

Live music everywhere, wine samples, shops, belly dancers, twirling hire hoopers (hey, I've seen this -- pretty amazing) and on & on...

Avalon Nine's 5 piece band will be inside Caribou Coffee from 6:30 to 9pm (just a couple blocks off 5th Ave. on Grandview Ave.). If you like Pink Floyd, Neil Young, 70s and 80s rock and Americana, you'll want to check out our crazy acoustic/electric mix!

Avalon Nine & Friends
Linda Blaine and Dave Clutter
Brian Szuch (electric guitar, dobro)
Rebecca Stansbury (violin)
and Mike Hale (bass)

www.myspace.com/avalonnine

Thanks for supporting live music in Columbus!

Half way through the Prince comes in. WOW I have never rated this fella but I have changed my mind.

No comments: