Thursday, March 25, 2010

Saturday Folk Jam

Saturday Folk Jam

I managed to get down to the best Bookshop in town on Saturday night for a jam session with the Thursday night crowd. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but it is logical. On Thursday nights there is a regular jam session at Areopagitica Books 3510 N. High Street Columbus Ohio, one I would love to attend, but my commitment to the Ashville Open Mic prevents me. This session was asked to play on Saturday as part of the Bookshop's Saturday entertainment series.

I had a great time and there was a good audience. The Bookshop has built up a good following for their Saturday evening events and this coming Saturday is not to be missed.

Columbus Folk Music Society Monthly Concert and fundraiser for the Festival in May.

It is auction time folkies. I love this event there are always interesting items for sale. I will be at an event in Chilicothi on that day but I will bust a gut to get back in time. Yes I know my dues need to be paid.

March 27
The Folkside Coffeehouse and Live Auction
Featured Performer
Butch Ross
http://www.butchross.com/index1.html
3510 North High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43214

Jam session at 7pm
The auction usually takes up the Open Mic slot at 8pm
Around 9pm is the guest.

Summer is around the corner

Local performers are gearing up for the rush. Make the best of it because the summer will be over before you know it. I have posted a few photo's to remind us what summer means.

Just for fun.
Sorry I can not embed this but it is well worth opening the web site. Volume loud, sit back and find out that getting older does not mean you can not have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyS61DM1vyU






No comments: