Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lots of Information for Folkies


A message from Bill Cohen
(This is what this Blog is all about)

WANTED --- YOUR original song lyrics

Do you have some good, original, simple lyrics that need music to make them into a song?

Let me give it a try. I’ve got a lot of melodies and chords in my head that are in need of words.

I’m looking for words/poems that have a fairly simple rhyme scheme and a regular rhythm.. For example, four lines with the 2nd and 4th lines rhyming. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse chorus. Perhaps a bridge in there somewhere. It doesn’t need to be exactly that, but you know what I’m talking about.

My melodies and chords are simple, catchy, and memorable. And I can help produce original songs that could be played with accompaniment on either guitar or piano.



I’d love the chance to see what we could create --- together.

Just e-mail me your words, and I’ll see what I can come up with. We’ve got nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

If you don’t like the tunes I write for your lyrics, you’re under no obligation. You can just throw my stuff away and hire a professional music producer instead. I hear Phil Spector has plenty of time on his hands these days.

Bill cohen

billcohen@columbus.rr.com

263-3851


Message From Nancy Cline Bailey



Jill Snyder used to be a naturalist at Battelle-Darby Creek, but is now head naturalist at Three Creeks. She has asked us if we could do some music at her Three Creeks Fest. The date is June 27th. She would like to have music from 11:30-2:30 if possible.

This is almost booked, but if you are interested contact Nancy.


Message from Mike Hale

Festival Video's available.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=COFF2009&view=videos

This takes you to a search page with all of the videos listed. Is this what you need? My site is ‘COFF2009’.

Mike

Here is a good video.
I stood for a long time and listened to Grand Pa Elliot when I was down in New Orleans.

Sorry it is a url there was no way I could embed it.

http://gizmodo.com/5231112/best-video-ive-seen-today-will-make-you-smile




No comments: