At Wits End
Sponsored by the Columbus Folk Music Society
• Doors open at 6:30 pm
• Music begins at 7 pm
• Tickets are a suggested donation of $10 at the Door
• Refreshments are available for purchase in the downstairs pub
Contact Art or Sharon Mittenbergs for
further information at:
Saturday,, April 4,, 2009
Chance of a life time!
Be at the first gig of
Central Ohio's very own Shanty Team.
They will be performing sea shanties and sea song at the opening of the Santa Maria on the Scioto down town Sunday 5 April at 12:30pm.
The music is free. Sit in the amphitheater and relax or sing along.
THE BOB KIRBY SCHOLARSHIP IN TRADITIONAL MUSIC, 2009
In harmony with our mission, The Columbus Folk Music Society, Inc., established The Bob Kirby Scholarship In Traditional Music in his memory.
Fund Management: The fund will be managed by the Treasurer of The Columbus Folk Music Society, Inc., who will produce a report to the Board of Trustees monthly.
Requirements for applying:
The young musician must be 8-17 years of age
Full time student in grades 3-12
The young musician must demonstrate a sincere interest in traditional music, by submitting a letter of explanation of his/her specific goals as they apply to the specific type of music, and/or the instrument played. The voice qualifies as an instrument.
A brief oral interview and/or presentation will be required of the applicants at the committee’s discretion.
BENEFITS PROVIDED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP:
• Access to all activities at The Central Ohio Folk Festival, held the first weekend of May, including two free tickets to the evening concert.
• Two Free meals at the Festival food service per day.
• Six lessons with a member of CFMS who offers instruction in a traditional
• One year membership in CFMS for the family.
• One year free admission to The Folkside Coffee House for two.
The nature of the award and the criteria are subject to change at the discretion of
the Scholarship Committee.