Sunday, December 21, 2008

A sad time for Local Folkies and for Folk Music.

A sad time for Local Folkies and for Folk Music.

It is with deep sorrow I inform you that Bob Kirby passed away On Saturday.

Bob will be missed by many many people both as a friend and as a supporter of Folk Music. He along with Billie could always be seen at the Dublin Irish Festival the Columbus Folk Music Festival and at the Shamrock Club working to support the music and Irish heritage he so loved.

Bob and I would meet often at various events and as soon as we set eyes on each other he would start joking with me about being English and throwing friendly insults my way. We laughed plenty because that was how Bob was. We would also discus the places we had both visited in Ireland and how well that country was doing now. He was very proud of his Irish heritage and rightly so.

I will miss his smiling face as he passed you a drink from behind Kirby's Irish Bar in his basement, a place where wonderful music was played by some of the best musicians in the area. I will miss the jokes he would send me by e mail and the e mail conversations we would have about the politics of the day.

Bob you were one of the best and I am very sad. I have tears rolling down my cheeks, but I remember the good time we had old pal.
You will never be forgotten.

Please keep Billie and the family in your thoughts.
I will post service information as I get it.

Please feel free to express your thoughts in the comments section below this post.

No comments: