Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Have a Folk Music Happy Thanks Giving you Folkies

Have a Folk Music Happy Thanks Giving you Folkies

I was at a very full Espresso Yourself Music Cafe Tuesday night. Plenty of good performers and a packed audience. It is a friendly crowd up there in Powell on a Tuesday night. Give it a go if you are a performer, or you want a nice night out with good food, good coffee and free entertainment.



Self Promotion

There are many very talented performers out there, but the one thing they lack is promotion. In my day job as a Professional Speaker and Trainer I never stop promoting myself. I do the same for this blog and for the Ashville Open Mic. Promotion in all its aspects is vital if you want to be booked. Waiting for the phone to ring is not going to work, you have to give it reason to ring.


If I were asked who I considered to be the best local performers at promoting themselves I would have no hesitation in saying, Avalon Nine. I remember when this duo started out around four or five years ago, since then they have built up a good set list and have gone from strength to strength. Promotion has a lot to do with it. That is not to say others do not promote themselves well and are successful, but there is always room for improvement.

Here is an offer.

I will run a free seminar on how to promote yourself as performers. Contact me by telephone or
e mail to get your name down and we will go from there. Feel free to pass this on to other performer who you know, all are welcome. We are looking at around two hours or so in January so you can start looking to include some of the 2009 festival season with the information gained.

Home 614 846 9049
Cell 614 542 9518


If you are serious about increasing your bookings then this is for you, including those of you who have been around for a while.


No comments: