Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Cindy Funk sent an interesting e mail she had from Folk Alliance Midwest group – called FARM (Folk Alliance Region Midwest) I have pasted part of the e mail below. The bold is my emphasis.



The idea of meeting somewhere to have a jam session, pot luck and watch the film is a good one.

Let me know if you agree and we will see if we can do it.

The E mail
A month from now, The American Masters Program on the life of Pete Seeger, "The Power of Song" will premiere on Channel 10 Public Television at 8pm (repeated at 11pm) on Wednesday February 27th. (This may not be acurate in our area.)

While this program can be viewed free at home over-air, it occurs to me that this is the kind of thing that we should gather together as a folk and activist community to experience as a community. I would like to find a place where we have a Potluck, sing songs before and after and in general gather together.



















No comments: