Monday, August 20, 2007

Folks That Move




Folks That Move


Dave Erb and his wife who have been long stand and active members of the CFMS are moving to Asheville, NC. Nancy Bailey held a goodbye party for them and I include a few photo's. My main contact with Dave has always been on the Friday before the festival when we would both turn up to help with the festival set up. I found him to be very affable and one of the worlds nice people. He has promised to keep in touch and I for one will hold him to that. A number of the Folk fraternity turned up and a good jam session as well as good food was the result. We all wish them well and I am sure it will not be long before he finds himself embedded in to the music of his new area.















How can you not like folk music
What is it about an Irish accent that gives a song such a special feel.

All the best
John

No comments: